Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mood Board: Curry



 
I just finished reading S.M. Stirling's The Peshawar Lancers.  It has its problems, but it was entertaining, and damn, does that man love his food and his interior design. I approve.

I haven't managed to go out for Indian cuisine yet, but I did throw together this curry-tastic moodboard.  I tried to keep the color palette warm, but I want the whole set of those throw pillows.  I provided a low daybed couch for those who don't want to sit on the floor, even though I forgot to put in a rug (darn).  The gods Ganesha (the statue) and Krishna (in the painting) are mentioned frequently in the book, the bead curtains are similar to ones described in Elias's house, Princess Sita is given a fine illustrated copy of the Kama Sutra, and the globe is inspired by the gemstone map of airship routes.  And they drink a lot of tea.

As to where I found all these lovely products:

throw pillows and daybed: world market
bead curtain, morrocan lamp: shopwildthings.com
clock, coffee table, bookshelf: pier 1
banana fiber floor cushion: ikea
orange sari curtains: www.indianselections.com
Ganesha statue: buddhadecor.com
Krishna print: allposters.com
leatherbound Kama Sutra: amazon.com
gemstone globe: onlyglobes.com
antique silver tea service: ebay.com

And I have to say, this is about my favorite mood board yet.  Why did I not notice the magic wand tool before now?  The richness and brightness of a British India inspired room also appeals to me right now, as I eagerly await the end of gray winter, and the flexibility of floor-based seating would be nice for a small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment