Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mood Board 2


Another attempt, this time at a "contemporary luxe" look inspired in part by my boyfriend's sister, who loves Crate and Barrel.  It's not exactly my style and it's a bit pricey for my college-student income, but I could probably live with it.

The upholstered winged bed is from Crate and Barrel, and is probably the thing I personally like best, followed by the mirrored nightstand from Pier 1.  I love a little bit of mirroring, for the sense of luxury and the light it bounces around the room.  I balanced the nightstands on one side of the room with a big silver-framed mirror from target, and one or two silver-toned lamps from Pier 1, atop a cherry-stained dresser.  The rich brown of the wood is echoed in the bedside lamps, also from Pier 1, and the Pottery Barn bedding.  The chunky cable knit throw, also from Pottery Barn, is an item I would personally love to own--so cuddly.  It's like your favorite sweater in the world, only you can wrap yourself up in it.  The curtains are from Target (even in a luxe-type room, I can't avoid Target) and I forget where I found the old-fashioned wallpaper to accent one wall, the rest painted a matching powder blue.

Looking at all this stuff, I was aiming for soft color, with highlights of the darker, stronger brown to keep it from looking washed out, and nice textures to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment